Nicki Minaj And Shawn Mendes Refuse To Let The Terrorists Win

In the wake of the deadly attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester Arena on Monday night, artists including Blondie and Take That have postponed or canceled shows in the United Kingdom ?out of respect? for the victims. 

But two other major names have already come out to make one thing clear: They will not let terrorists scare them away from playing for their fans.

Both Nicki Minaj and Shawn Mendes have said publicly that they will continue to play on in spite of any and all fears related to the attack.

?Concerts are events people should never be afraid to attend, they are places for love and complete happiness [and I] am so sorry that things took an opposite direction last night,? Mendes wrote on Instagram.

?I hope I speak for every [a]rtist by saying that we will not stop spreading positivity and love through music no matter the situation.?

Minaj said much of the same thing when she was approached by TMZ at an airport. ?We don?t operate in fear,? she said. Canceling the shows, she said, would imply ?that they [the terrorists] win.?

She added that she planned to head to Manchester to play a show for the people there, although it sounds like that won?t happen until next year.

?Of course I?m going to perform for my Manchester fans,? she said. ?They deserve it.?

Mendes and Minaj are the biggest names to publicly say they will not live their lives on terrorists? terms. But others have implied as much with their actions. Celine Dion?s publicist said she has no plans to cancel her upcoming dates in Europe. According to the AP, Guns N? Roses, Phil Collins and Iron Maiden will continue on with their planned touring schedule, as well. 

The music festival known as BBC Radio One Big Weekend sounds like it will also go off in Hull this weekend, as previously scheduled. Acts booked to perform include Haim, Lorde and Lana Del Rey.

In light of the tragedy, though, Grande?s team released a statement announcing their plans to cancel part of her Dangerous Woman tour:

Due to the tragic events in Manchester the Dangerous Woman tour with Ariana Grande has been suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost. The London O2 shows this week have been cancelled as well as all shows thru June 5 in Switzerland. We ask at this time that we all continue to support the city of Manchester and all those families affected by this cowardice and senseless act of violence. Our way of life has once again been threatened but we will overcome this together. Thank you.

– This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

Woman Maced 3 Wendy’s Employees For Serving Stale Fries, Police Say

Sounds like one unsatisfied customer.

A Minnesota woman is accused of macing three Wendy?s employees because they served her stale french fries.

Police in Coon Rapids said 25-year-old Eiram Chanel Amir Dixson got a little salty with the fast food workers last Thursday because the fries weren?t as fresh as she specifically asked, according to KSTP TV.

That?s when the beef really started, police say.

Dixson allegedly started arguing with employees and allegedly reached through the drive-thru window, prompting one of the workers to throw a soda at her, according to a probable cause statement obtained by The Smoking Gun.

The employees claim Dixson grabbed some mace out of her car and sprayed it through the window, directly hitting the Wendy?s manager directly in the face, according to CBS Minnesota.

Officers were called to the scene and arrested Dixson for felony use of tear gas.

If convicted, she faces up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine. 

– This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

Trump Revealed Location Of U.S. Nuclear Subs In Call With Duterte

U.S. President Donald Trump told his Philippine counterpart that Washington has sent two nuclear submarines to waters off the Korean peninsula, the New York Times said, comments likely to raise questions about his handling of sensitive information.

Trump has said ?a major, major conflict? with North Korea is possible because of its nuclear and missile programs and that all options are on the table but that he wants to resolve the crisis diplomatically.

North Korea has vowed to develop a missile mounted with a nuclear warhead that can strike the mainland United States, saying the program is necessary to counter U.S. aggression.

Trump told Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte Washington had ?a lot of firepower over there?, according to the New York Times, which quoted a transcript of an April 29 call between the two.

?We have two submarines ? the best in the world. We have two nuclear submarines, not that we want to use them at all,? the newspaper quoted Trump as telling Duterte, based on the transcript.

The report was based on a Philippine transcript of the call that was circulated on Tuesday under a ?confidential? cover sheet by the Americas division of the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs.

In a show of force, the United States has sent the nuclear-powered USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier to waters off the Korean peninsula, where it joined the USS Michigan, a nuclear submarine that docked in South Korea in late April.

According to the Times, a senior Trump administration official in Washington, who was not authorized to publicly discuss the call and insisted on anonymity, confirmed the transcript was an accurate representation of the call between the two leaders.

U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, have said Trump discussed intelligence about Islamic State with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak at talks in the Oval Office this month, raising questions about Trump?s handling of secrets.

Trump also praised Duterte for doing an ?unbelievable job on the drug problem?, the New York Times reported, a subject that has drawn much criticism in the West.

Almost 9,000 people, many small-time users and dealers, have been killed in the Philippines since Duterte took office on June 30. Police say about one-third of the victims were shot by officers in self-defense during legitimate operations.

– This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.